Slick Forums

Discuss the Slick 2D Library
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: G-Creator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:15 am 

I decided to post this in this forum as it is open source so the members of this community can help if they would like.

A little history:
Basically I created an open source tool to convert Game maker games to java (G-java wikipedia it), it was very popular but still very basic, the company behind Game maker made it illegal for this project to exist after version 6 even although it benifited the whole comunity.
so instead of letting my work go to waste i decided to create my own game maker that allowed conversion to different langauges. So G-creator was created.

G-creator is a game creation tool, that comes with 2 plugins called G-C++ and G-java. This allows G-creator games to use the advantage of that programming language without having to rewrite the game. it is also very easy to create more "platforms" to convert to, such as console homebrew etc.

The project is still in alpha, you can download an example jar and get svn details here:
http://forums.g-java.com/index.php?showtopic=6348

The license for G-creator is GPLv3, but license for G-java runners is BSD.

For G-Java we will use jmonkey for 3d and either slick (speed) or java2d (size) for 2d (depending on what the user wants).

You have to contact me for svn commit access, we accept anyone that wants to help.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, but I thought this would make an interesting community project. I hope that a few of you are willing to help even just a little.