My UI tree is as following:

DesktopArea
- DesktopArea
- - ResizableFrame
- - ResizableFrame
- DesktopArea
- - ResizableFrame
- - ResizableFrame

The top DesktopArea is my main container for the UI. The first DesktopArea child is a container for a login screen and the second DesktopArea is a container for the game UI. Now, in the login screen I can drag widgets etc, everything works fine. In the game UI, widget reordering works (eg, widget x is over widget y, focus turns to widget y and then widget y is over x), but I cannot seem to drag my widgets around there. I set dragable to true, but well, it doesn't seem to want to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:01 am 
Slick Zombie

Maybe the size of one of your DesktopAreas ais 0 (or too small)?
In general if you put other widgets besides ResizableFrame inside a DesktopArea you will need to override layout() and layout these.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:59 pm 

I made sure that all my DesktopArea's cover 800 x 600 and are set to absolute 0, 0.

I also had a layout function for the malfunctioning DA, but didn't layout any of the RF's in there. Reason? Because I have about 20 RF's in there that get created and deleted on the fly, and I hate having to do nullchecks everywhere. Is it really neccesary to do the setPosition and setSize in the layout function for each and every of those RF's? Their location, size and stuff works fine and in the screen that works I have some RF's that are not included in the layout function and set their own position in their constructor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 am 
Slick Zombie

ResizableFrame inside DesktopArea is the only widget which works with setPosition/setSize outside of layout().
But you should make sure that the DesktopArea is part of the GUI tree and has a theme when you add new ResizableFrames - otherwise methods like adjustSize() don't work.