Slick Forums

Discuss the Slick 2D Library
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:49 pm 
Regular

We've done some recent work with using Slick-AE to port the game to Android, the whole process took about 1 day, but making custom UI and integrating the game properly to use Android will take longer:

The game works for both Android Phones and Tablets.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:35 am 

Well it's been a long time since we've made any updates in this thread, but thought I would let people know we're still very much alive and kicking.
The Android porting is going along swimmingly. I don't own a Android device myself, but Benoit actually came to New Zealand and showed me it on his phone and it's looking great.

There's been heaps of updates in the game. Most of our updates are listed on the forums which there should be a link to on the first page.

An old trailer for FTO I made sometime ago. We're going to be making a new one in the next couple of months I suspect. It depends on how development is going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmciB-Q6cls

Here's a few misc screenshots showing some of the new things we have added in. Keyword is some as there's a lot more then just these small things.

In the barber. Showing off the new chat bubbles.

A couple of our new Troll's in a very un-detailed level...

Zombies, Zombies, Zom... om nom nom.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:14 am 
Game Developer

Great to see you're still working on the game and progressing!
I completely missed the news about the android port somehow :roll:

If you do a new video please try to add some android snippet :wink:

Keep on with it!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:11 pm 

Basically what you see on the PC client is what you see in Android. I'll see if I can get Ben or Gabe to take a couple of screens of the 'droid client to show though. I would, but the lack of an Android device stops me from doing it.

Almost forgot about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NIoBXYrxdU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:15 am 

Here are some of the screenshots that we have of the progress with Android. Everything that works on the Desktop Client works on the mobile version with the exception of particle effects. Hats off to Ben for making all the android stuff happen. I have been a member of the project since it first started many many years ago and have been lucky to work with Howard and Ben.

Here is one of the many images that we have at the moment. Please register on the forums or follow us on Twitter @FTOStaff for more updates. We hope to release a working beta on the Android Market Place very soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:26 am 

Just got some screenshots from Gabe. They're using an Android device to play FTO.

A Troll fortress

Haunted Mansion instance

Class trainers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:24 am 
Oldbie

(call the neighbor kids with trashcan lids and buckets on their heads...)

Looks awesome. I'm especially happy to see an android game in action.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:47 pm 

I'm trying to learn how to code things like this, but when i came to this post and saw your game, i just lost all hope in being able to create something that magnificant. Epic game dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:09 am 

It's been almost 2 years since our last post in this thread, but thought I would update it a bit. We're still working on FTO. We all sort of took a long hiatus from it, but are all still kicking about. Made a lot of improvements, bug fixes etc.

We've started work on a new world as the old one was a bit far gone to recover (it had been changed too many times and too many old stories and scripts overlapped) and also a new storyline to tie it all together.

We're currently working on adding in new sound effects into the game, foot steps, atmospheric type stuff. Also we're re-working the skill, inventory and equipment UI to be a bit easier to use.
There's a slew of other things we've worked on sine our last post. If you're interested in checking it out visit our forums at http://forum.fantasytalesonline.com/ind ... d,4.0.html

Want to try the old buggy world? go to http://fantasytalesonline.com/download.php

Current progress on the new world. All the houses, taverns etc in the grassland have inside levels done also. So, there's actually more then it seems.

New desert area/tileset. Still a work in progress.

A castle/fort type deal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:28 am 

Sorry to double post, but also wanted to put this in. It's pretty neat. Uses the undo data.

and a creepy dungeon for all evil doers.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:45 am 

A few slight updates to FTO. We've all been quite busy lately, but still making progress :) here's the new UI/inventory system. Which will slide down whilst in use and limit the playing area.

Some updates too the desert tileset. Inside levels.

and some of the non instanced caves. That will actually connect you up to the instanced caves.

The overworld's done. The cave system is done (currently) and all insides.
Just need to fill the world with content and a storyline. Which we have all written out.