Seems like I don't find the time to update my own website so I start here and just copy posts between my site and the forum
Back to the past will be a horizontal and vertical scrolling jump and run shooter with stuff to collect and other stuff to move and push and even more stuff to shoot and not get shot and all the time trying to find the exit to the next level or back home to the past.
Story: Some of these hooded Magicka magicians meet and play around with their latest magic spells. One spell fails and teleports one of the magicians into a different space and time.
Unfortunately it is you, lunch is ahead and you're hungry and want to find a way back home and hundreds of robots try to electrocute you because they are simply not your friends.
So you have to find your way back through magic portals into your time, destroying robots in the future with just your trusty magic fireball. Good luck!
I already started a few days ago but I'm currently working at some client site with long travelling so my spare time is more than limited...
What's currently working?
- scrolling levels bigger than the screen with a camera focusing on the player
- jumping and running and shooting (no damage yet)
- parallax background (got it working today) with randomly arranged building images and two layers
- crates that can fall down and can be pushed
What's missing: all the rest like
- intelligent enemies (using Slick's pathfinding)
- objects to collect that improve your abilities and/or open exits
- more levels
- better graphics
- title screen
- scripted intro screen and cut scenes
- sound effects
- graphic effects
More details and maybe even screenshots as I progress