[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Slick Forums • View topic - Back to the past

Slick Forums

Discuss the Slick 2D Library
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:15 am 
Game Developer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:41 am 
Slick Zombie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:51 pm 
Game Developer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:48 pm 
Game Developer

Okay, just to wet your appetite some first alpha alpha alpha screenshots:

Later,
Tommy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:48 am 

Nice work, are the buildings in the background parallaxing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:29 am 
Slick Zombie

finally screenshoots :D
more enemies, more weapons, more time :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:51 am 
Game Developer

@andred: Yup, the buildings are a two layer parallax scrolling background.
Currently only horizontal, not sure if I want to add a bit of vertical movement too, depending on the player's y position.
The placement of the buildings is random (but not very good at the moment) so that each level looks different.

@Gornova81: Things. Take. Time. But. Will. Be. Added. :wink:

I guess smarter flying robots, mines and player death are next. And spikes. And moving platforms. And acid pools. And spawner buildings for smart bots. And collectables.

Gornova81, you're right: I need more TIME :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:10 am 
Game Developer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:14 pm 

For saving the levels, are you using something like xml..or direct serialization

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:13 am 
Game Developer

@andred: Similar to StarCleaner I started with a text file for level descriptions. So it' some proprietary ASCII format. Simple to parse and editable with any text editor. The level editor can save this format now.

So the level editor is fully operational, adding new game elements requires adding a single line of code. Saving and loading is also working.

I added some bits on the splash screen and got a basic title screen working.

Now it's back to the game contents. Dying and respawning of the player is the most important issue now. Path seeking bots still missing. A lot of collisions with dangerous stuff are also missing.

And I'm afraid I'll drop the scripted intro scene - we'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:10 pm 
Game Developer

Dieing and respawning is in. Also added some placeholder game over screen.
Added a modal message window with simple scrolling functionality to show level related informations for the player and to replace the scripted intro screen to tell the story.

Now finally back to game content.

BTW: It's a jump'n'run collect and shoot'm'up with roguelike life management:
you've got one life. You know, like in real life :wink:
Only if you have enough mana left it helps you to become resurrected and restart the level. Not enough mana -> game over.

But you'll also need mana to shoot! I just love those conflicts - kill or die at it's best :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:08 pm 
Game Developer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:26 pm 
Game Developer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:42 pm 
Game Developer

Okay, here we go:

Sound? Check.
Music? Check.
Levels? 2. Baby check.
Wrapping up? Only zip. Check.

Where?

Here:

See the enclosed readme.txt for some info and instructions. Use the .bat or .sh file to start the game, should(!) run on Windows, Mac and Linux but was only tested by me on Win7.

Feedback appreciated :wink:

And of course have fun playing my game and feel free to vote for it :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:28 pm 
Game Developer

Seems the above link will have to be my final submission. No more updates today or tomorrow.
My little boy got sick this morning and keeping us busy so the rest of today's spare time is gone. And tomorrow I'm on my nephew's confirmation - I think the whole family would be upset if I start up my laptop :wink:

Good luck to the other competitors to finish their entries 8)