Slick Forums

Discuss the Slick 2D Library
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Compiling Slick-AE
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:35 pm 

Heyho,

I want to explain you how to compile Slick-AE.

1. Download the whole source code of Slick: https://bitbucket.org/kevglass/slick/downloads (From the branch development)
2. Download ANT: http://artfiles.org/apache.org//ant/bin ... .3-bin.zip
3. Extrackt ANT
4. Extract the folders: Slick and Slick-AE from the source code archive to the /bin/ folder inside your ANT folder.
5. Open a command promt inside you /bin folder and execute the following command: "ant.bat -buildfile Slick-AE/build.xml"
6. Finished! There should be now a slick-ae.jar in: apache-ant-x.x.x\bin\Slick-AE\target

Always make sure you extracted Slick and Slick-AE, because Slick-AE depends Slick.

If you have any questins contact me. After this process you can delete the complete ant folder.

MfG p000ison

Have fun!

Post subject: Re: Compiling Slick-AE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:49 am 

Code:
C:\Users\kifcaliph\Desktop\apache-ant-1.8.4-bin\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin>ant.bat -buildfile Slick-AE/build.xml
Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\tools.jar
Buildfile: C:\Users\kifcaliph\Desktop\apache-ant-1.8.4-bin\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin\Slick-AE\build.xml

init:
   [delete] Deleting directory C:\Users\kifcaliph\Desktop\apache-ant-1.8.4-bin\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin\Slick-AE\target
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\kifcaliph\Desktop\apache-ant-1.8.4-bin\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin\Slick-
AE\target\classes

build:
    [javac] C:\Users\kifcaliph\Desktop\apache-ant-1.8.4-bin\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin\Slick-AE\build.xml:
14: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\kifcaliph\Desktop\apache-ant-1.8.4-bin\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin\Slick-AE\build.xml:14: Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
It is currently set to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7"

I get this error

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:35 pm 

kifcaliph wrote:
Code:
C:\Users\kifcaliph\Desktop\apache-ant-1.8.4-bin\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin>ant.bat -buildfile Slick-AE/build.xml
Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\tools.jar
Buildfile: C:\Users\kifcaliph\Desktop\apache-ant-1.8.4-bin\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin\Slick-AE\build.xml

init:
   [delete] Deleting directory C:\Users\kifcaliph\Desktop\apache-ant-1.8.4-bin\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin\Slick-AE\target
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\kifcaliph\Desktop\apache-ant-1.8.4-bin\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin\Slick-
AE\target\classes

build:
    [javac] C:\Users\kifcaliph\Desktop\apache-ant-1.8.4-bin\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin\Slick-AE\build.xml:
14: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\kifcaliph\Desktop\apache-ant-1.8.4-bin\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin\Slick-AE\build.xml:14: Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
It is currently set to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7"

I get this error

setup your JAVA_HOME envirnoment variable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:29 am 

So I had a number of problems doing this, but I succeeded, and here's a few notes on that.

1. Might have to set the JAVA_HOME. In Windows you do this with
Code:
set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdkx.x.x_xx
Where the x letters are the version number of the JDK.

2. When you go to the download link, you'll need to click on "Branches" then you'll see the branches where you can download a .zip, .bz2, or tar.gz of the files in the branch that you'll need in order to build this.

Also thanks to p000ison for posting this. I found this was the best way to go about it, having the projects in the bin directory of ant.